Code of Conduct
Ties That Bind
Thank you for being part of Ties That Bind Forum (Forum). The Forum is provided as a service for the subscribers to Ties That Bind to provide a caring, supportive and educational resource to kinship care givers. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established this Code of Conduct for participation in the Forum (Code).
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with the Code. By joining and using the Forum, you agree that you have read and will follow the Code. The Forum is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in ongoing conversations. If you have any questions about the Forum or the Code, please contact us using the form below.
- Don’t challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don’t post commercial messages on any forum or topic where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message to the most appropriate forums and topics. Do not spam several forums or topics with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
By participating in the Forum, you acknowledge that you accept these Terms and the Code of Conduct (Code), which set forth the basis under which Ties That Bind will provide use of the Forum found on this site. The Code is incorporated into and is part of the Terms.
Access. You will be granted access to the Forum after you have accepted these Terms. You agree to provide information that is accurate, true and complete and agree to notify Ties That Bind of any changes in your contact information, including by updating your contact information in the portal found on the site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your web ID and password. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, notify Ties That Bind immediately at email@example.com.
Restrictions on Content. All users shall be responsible for conducting their Forum related activities in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, you agree to act with a professional demeanor. Please do not post when you do not know the answer. This will help avoid postings containing incorrect or misleading answers. Without limiting the foregoing, you specifically agree that you will not make posts that:
- Contain profanity, racist, sexist or homophobic comments, harass or stalk any person, or contain defamatory statements or personal attacks on others;
- Disrupt other user’s enjoyment of the Forum;
- Are made under another person’s name or impersonate anyone;
- Contain personal details or private information about any other person or any confidential information or any information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy or personal rights of others;
- Breach any intellectual property rights law (including posting material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner or using any words, logos or other marks that would infringe upon the trademark, service mark, certification mark, or other intellectual property rights of the owners of such marks without the permission of such owners);
- Contain any advertisements or promotions for any products or services of you or another party;
- May be considered spamming or contain chain letters or any other form of unauthorized solicitation, including the solicitation of lawsuits;
- Violate U.S. export laws or encourage illegal activity of any kind; or
- Seek or offer medical advice.
The Forum is not intended to be a place for the exchange of any information or data that would be regulated by the federal Health Insurance and Portability Act of 1996 and its implementing regulations (HIPAA). Do not post any Protected Health Information, as that term is defined in HIPAA, to the Forum. Ties That Bind shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of Protected Health Information in violation of HIPAA through the Forum, including, but not limited to, the transmission of Protected Health Information to an unintended recipient.
User Posts. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Ties That Bind and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material. Once you have made a posting, you cannot withdraw or retract the license and consents. By posting on the Forum, you acknowledge that the material is not confidential and agree that other users of the Forum may copy, use, transmit, modify, distribute and display the content you post.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing, a boycott of a business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Monitoring and Enforcement. Ties That Bind does not pre-screen, verify or edit the content posted by users in the Forum. However, Ties That Bind reserves the right to monitor any and all information transmitted or received through the Forum. Ties That Bind, in its sole discretion and without further notice to you, may review, censor or prohibit the transmission or receipt of any information which Ties That Bind deems inappropriate or that Ties That Bind determines violates the Terms. Ties That Bind has the sole discretion to enforce the Terms.
Content. The Forum is provided for the purposes of discussing matters and posting materials related solely to post-acute and long-term care and for no other purpose. The content posted on the Forum may contain links to third-party web sites or refer to third-party products. Ties That Bind does not have control over such web sites or products, and Ties That Bind is not responsible for the availability or content of such web sites. Ties That Bind does not endorse, sponsor or approve and is not responsible for such web sites and such products. Ties That Bind shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of reliance on such web sites or products.
Termination. Ties That Bind reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by the Terms. The limited license rights granted hereunder shall remain in full force and effect unless terminated or canceled for any of the following reasons: upon discontinuance of the Forum by Ties That Bind or by Ties That Bind if you violate any of the Terms.
Limitations. You acknowledge that the information provided through the Forum is comprised of content from sources, which are beyond the control of Ties That Bind. Neither Ties That Bind nor its licensors shall be liable for any errors, inaccuracies or delays in content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon.
YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY (AND HEREBY HOLD Ties That Bind HARMLESS) FOR DETECTING AND ERADICATING ANY VIRUS OR PROGRAM WITH A SIMILAR FUNCTION ON YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, BY WHATEVER MEANS YOU DEEM MOST APPROPRIATE FOR YOUR NEEDS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE FORUM IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. Ties That Bind AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, ORAL, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, ANY WARRANTIES ARISING BY VIRTUE OF CUSTOM OF TRADE OR COURSE OF DEALING AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NONE OF Ties That Bind NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, LIABILITY, COST OR EXPENSE SUFFERED OR INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR PARTICIPATION IN THE FORUM OR ITS CONTENT NOR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE FORUM FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF Ties That Bind OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED IN THIS LIABILITY SECTION SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THE AGREEMENT.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Ties That Bind, its affiliates and its licensors (including their officers, directors, members, managers, partners, employees, affiliates, agents, representatives or subcontractors) for and against any and all claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to this agreement arising from or related to your access to and use of the Forum, including the information obtained through the Forum.
Copyright. The content within the Forum is protected by copyright and other laws in both the United States and elsewhere. The content includes both content owned and controlled by Ties That Bind and content of third-parties.
If you own intellectual property and believe it is being infringed on the Forum, please let Ties That Bind know by filing a complaint as set forth below. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §512), any notification of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to Ties That Bind’s Designated Agent with the following information:
1. A physical copy or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or if multiple copyright works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or could be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Ties That Bind to identify the material;
4. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
5. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Changes. Ties That Bind reserves the right to make changes or modifications to the Forum and the Terms. Display of notice of changes on the Forum shall constitute effective notice on the day Ties That Bind places the changes, and your continued use of the Forum thereafter shall constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications.
Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon.
Error: Contact form not found.