Parents take on one of the most relentless and challenging jobs in the world every single day. You did it once, now here you go again, this time with a few added wrinkles…and we’re not just talking faces, here! The world has changed. Schools, technology, societal standards for what’s acceptable aren’t the same. You may be dealing with a deeply traumatized child. As you probably remember, there is no magical manual. Most of it, you have to figure out as you go. Still, we hope this helps.
- Kids and Screen Time: real world help for childrens’ lives online – learn more.
- The Adolescent Brain: developing independence and responsibility is part of growing up – learn more.
- De-escalation: skills you can learn to calm confrontations – learn more.
- What if Something Happens to me: by gathering and updating important information now, you can help care for your grandchildren if anything should happen to you – learn more.
- Swindells Resource Center of Providence Child Center supports parents and caregivers of children who have special needs, developmental delays or disabilities – learn more.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). Learning to help your Child and your family – learn more.
- Oregon Family-to-Family Health Information Center – learn more.
- Ties That Bind Resources and Information for the 2020-2021 School Year – learn more.