We probably don’t have to convince you about the value of having planned summer activities. The learning experiences, new friendships and different experiences are very meaningful. Many camps, programs and at-home options are available around the state for free (with or without scholarships) or low-cost tuition. The sooner you apply, the better, as many programs fill quickly. Below are just a few options for your family.
Tip: Link up with local organizations in your town/county like community centers, parks and recreation departments, libraries, places of worship and more. Many have offerings all summer. You can also search the internet using phrases like, “summer activities for kids in __________.”
- Oregon Summer Camp Locator
- Camp To Belong is a one-week long residential camp experience designed specifically to provide siblings with opportunities to make positive, childhood memories together, despite living separated.
- Agape Families is a non-profit that aims to provide hope and stability to families impacted by incarceration. They are hosting summer camps, mentorship programs and more.
Events and Fun
- CASA of Benton & Lincoln Counties: This is a great compilation of things to do in these counties and elsewhere in Oregon.
- Multnomah County: Summertime family fun in and around Multnomah County, compiled by the Multnomah County Library.
- The Ultimate PDX Parent Bucket List offers fun things to do in and around the Portland area.
- Be prepared for life-threatening weather events this summer. The Washington Gorge Action Program is partnering with Mid Columbia Community Action Council and other organizations to provide emergency cooling shelters and relief from unhealthy air quality events this summer. Click here for more (also available in Spanish).