When you unexpectedly find yourself with a new job—raising your grandchildren—it can feel like the world is crashing down around you. You may feel isolated and alone. You are facing a whole new world of complications and financial strains and you hardly know where to begin. It is important to know you are not alone. These resources can help you sort out the legal details and find the financial aid you and your child(ren) are entitled to receive.
- Some grandparents raising grandchildren qualify for cash back from the IRS through the Earned Income Tax Credit – learn more.
- Tight budget? SNAP can help you afford food – learn more.
- Oregon Kinship Navigator and Every Child Oregon teamed up to get tangible goods to grandparents/kinship caregivers in need – learn more
Other Helpful Resources
- We know that schools are essential to communities and that many families depend on them not only for their students’ education, but also for meals and other support. Many districts are working on their own meal solutions for their student families. Do you need meal assistance while school is out? – learn more.
- Resource Guide for grandparents and other relatives raising children in OR (ADRC) – learn more.
- There are over 800 summer meal sites in Oregon with free meals for kids and teens ages 1-18 – learn more.